Monday, December 10, 2012

Final thoughts

It's over and done! 
Our Capstone Documentary Showcase went so very well on Saturday, December 1st. Each and every film was well attended and well -received. 
My key advisers and consultants, Lisa Slama and Kurt Roscoe  previewed the film the week before, their responses were very encouraging. And that was before I made some necessary changes according to my professor's advice. (thanks Mr. Weaver, you were right once again). The final product was improved greatly by their input.


So what am I glad I did while making this documentary?
1. LOG LINES saved the day. Even though I was so very reluctant to do something sooooo tedious, it really saved me time in the long run as I formed by story line.
2. Return visits for filming allowed me to fill in the gaps that I was missing as my storyline took final form on the timeline.
3. Continue working on better lighting and audio and equipment. ( my tripod was a bit of a boogerhead)


And what would I do differently?
1. Different interview locations to change up the scenery - mine was rather blah.
2. Meet and talk to the potential interviews without a camera in hand...it can be intimidating even to the bravest. Plus it helps me discern which stories to pursue before filming.

I liked this whole endeavor, and would seriously like to be part of a documentary team... I think it would be both interesting and meaningful.

Thank you for everyone's support and positive feedback!!


No comments:

Post a Comment